Public Lands Ride
The Pennsylvania Environmental Council’s Public Lands Ride celebrates and showcases the wealth of public parks and forests across the Commonwealth, bringing awareness to public lands as an invaluable resource for us to protect and enjoy.
PEC hosted the inaugural Public Lands Ride at Black Moshannon State Park in 2019, bringing together participants from Pennsylvania and beyond for a day of exploring gravel roads and mixed surface trails. In 2020, a shift to a “virtual” format provided an opportunity to expand the lens of focus and provide mapped routes in state parks and forests across the central region of the state. Since then, we’ve resumed the annual group ride while continuing to create and share new routes riders can enjoy year-round.
- Elk State Forest
- Worlds End State Park/Loyalsock State Forest
- Colton Point State Park/Tioga State Forest
- Michaux State Forest
- Parker Dam State Park/Moshannon State Forest
- Trough Creek State Park/Rothrock State Forest
- R.B. Winter State Park/Bald Eagle State Forest
- Reeds Gap State Park/Bald Eagle State Forest
- Laurel Ridge State Park/Forbes State Forest
- Black Moshannon State Park/Moshannon State Forest