Public Lands Ride
The Pennsylvania Environmental Council’s Public Lands Ride initiative celebrates and showcases the wealth of public parks and forests across the Commonwealth, bringing awareness to public lands as an invaluable resource for us to protect and enjoy.
The Public Lands Ride routes are all 40-60 miles in length, begin and end in state parks, and venture into surrounding state forests, highlighting some of the best scenery, history, natural features, and terrain that Pennsylvania has to offer. The routes are designed to provide a starting point for an adventure – ride them as-is or shorten or lengthen them as you see fit. Most of the routes are in areas covered by Purple Lizard Maps, so grab a map before you go to maximize exploratory opportunities.
PEC also hosts a supported group ride every fall at Black Moshannon State Park. The 2023 ride will be on September 30 and will offer multiple course distances from 20-65 miles. Follow @publiclandsride on Instagram to stay up to date. Registration for the 2023 event will open on March 1. Register on BikeReg here.
Learn more about PEC’s work to enhance gravel cycling resources in Pennsylvania.
- Elk State Forest
- Worlds End State Park/Loyalsock State Forest
- Colton Point State Park/Tioga State Forest
- Michaux State Forest
- Parker Dam State Park/Moshannon State Forest
- Trough Creek State Park/Rothrock State Forest
- R.B. Winter State Park/Bald Eagle State Forest
- Reeds Gap State Park/Bald Eagle State Forest
- Laurel Ridge State Park/Forbes State Forest
- Black Moshannon State Park/Moshannon State Forest