Office Coordinator (Pittsburgh Office)
The Office Coordinator is a full-time exempt position and supports the mission of PEC. The Office Coordinator reports to the Vice President of Operations.
- Oversee Pittsburgh Office activities including processing mail, answering phones, maintaining, and ordering supplies, meeting preparation and scheduling, and providing general support to management.
- Liaison with lessor for Pittsburgh office space regarding any maintenance needs.
- Engage staff in the development and review of the budget for the Pittsburgh Office and grant budgets in coordination with the VP of Operations.
- Manage vendor and contract relationships and invoicing for Pittsburgh Office.
- Assist President with administrative needs.
- Participate and/or manage event planning and execution.
- Assist Grants and Fundraising Manager with maintaining donor database and relations.
- Process incoming gifts, accurately code gifts within the system
- Alert Grants and Fundraising Manager and President of any major gift receipts requiring a personalized thank you.
- Assist with bulk-mailing and appeals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Required Skills Are:
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of accounting, administrative, and data management procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures and practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be flexible regarding daily work tasks.
- Exhibits good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, or in locations other than Pittsburgh, as reasonable and necessary for performance of Position Activities.
A bachelor’s degree is recommended but not required. The successful candidate should have at least 1-3 years of office management experience, as well as a passion for the environment, sustainable development, and Pennsylvania.
This position offers a competitive salary in the $38,000 to $43,000 range. This is a salaried position, commensurate with experience, and includes an attractive benefits package (medical benefits, vacation, holidays, 403(b), life insurance).
PEC’s Pittsburgh Office is located at 810 River Avenue, Suite 201, Pittsburgh, PA 15212. Travel to other locales in the region and state will be required. There is an opportunity to work in a hybrid model of office/remote work.
PEC seeks to recruit candidates for employment that represent our diverse communities in race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and ability. Inclusive and equitable in our recruitment and retention practices, we are dedicated to uplifting diverse opinions and backgrounds to grow and evolve as a welcoming workplace for all.
The Pennsylvania Environmental Council is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that protects and restores the natural and built environments through innovation, collaboration, education, and advocacy. At the heart of our success is our belief in the value of partnerships with the private sector, government, communities, and individuals to improve the quality of life for all Pennsylvanians. PEC’s Pittsburgh Office, one of four regional offices across Pennsylvania, actively engages in projects and policy initiatives that promote land and water-based recreational opportunities, protection and conservation of water resources, promotion of forward-thinking energy and climate strategies, and sustainable development of communities and landscapes.
Submit cover letter, resume, and any salary requirements to [email protected] by August 21, 2023.