- This event has passed.
New Milford, Susquehanna County Community Illegal Dumpsite Cleanup
May 9, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
In partnership with the Rail-Trail Council of Northeast Pennsylvania, PEC will conduct an illegal dumpsite cleanup in New Milford, Susquehanna County.
The event will focus on cleaning up illegally dumped trash and debris located along the Rail Trail in New Milford, Susquehanna County. Volunteers are asked to park in the open field near the rail trail off of Rose Road. This is an illegal dumpsite cleanup and volunteers are asked to dress appropriately.
On the morning of the cleanup, volunteers will gather for registration and instructions. After registration, volunteers will be provided with work gloves, trash bags, and safety vests. When supplies are distributed and instructions have been provided, volunteers will begin the cleanup.
Families, individuals, scouting groups, 4H groups, environmental clubs, businesses, college and university clubs, and high school students are invited to be part of this effort. (Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or have a parent/guardian sign a registration/insurance form prior to the cleanup and bring it with them. Anyone over 18 can sign the insurance form the day of the event.)
- Pennsylvania Environmental Council 570-718-6507 email [email protected]
- Rail-Trail Council of NEPA 570-679-9300 email [email protected]
- From 81 North, Take Exit 223 on right to PA-492 towards New Milford/Lakeside
- 0.3 mi Turn left onto PA-492 W towards US-11
- 0.6 mi Turn left on Main Street
- 1.1 mi Keep right on Hwy 706E
- 1.8 mi Turn left on Rose Road
- 0.3 Arrive at Susquehanna Trail Head on left, Park in the empty field
From Montrose, take SR706W past Heart Lake, at the Endless Mts Trail Cleanup Sign, turn right onto the dirt road.