- This event has passed.
A Creek in Crisis: Time for Action
May 13, 2015 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Moderated by PEC Executive Vice President for Programs Statewide Patrick Starr, and hosted by Friends of the Wissahickon and the Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association, the Creek in Crisis meeting will address how to protect and restore the Wissahickon Watershed in Montgomery and Philadelphia counties. Click here to register
Guests are invited to visit with community organizations and environmental nonprofits in the courtyard between 5:30-6 p.m. A regional panel will then discuss issues and offer ways for community members to protect the 64-square mile area.
- Chris Crockett – Deputy Commissioner of Planning and Environmental Services at the Philadelphia Water Department
- Jeff Featherstone – Director of the Center for Sustainable Communities and Professor in the Department of Community and Regional Planning (CRP) at Temple University
- Michael Helbing – Staff Attorney at PennFuture
- Stephanie Figary – Water Quality Program Manager at the Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association
- Sarah Marley – Outreach Manager at Friends of the Wissahickon