- This event has passed.
Community Solar Legislative Forum
April 3, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Community solar dramatically expands the opportunities for residents and businesses to participate in the growing solar economy. In community solar, participants can subscribe to a portion of an offsite solar project and receive credit on their electricity bill for the power produced, just as if the solar panels were on their own roof. Eighteen states and the District of Columbia have enacted community solar programs.
The Pennsylvania General Assembly is now considering legislation to create a community solar program in Pennsylvania. Come to this informative Community Solar Legislative Forum to learn more.
Participants will include:
- • Rob Altenburg, Director of the PennFuture Energy Center
- • State Representative Aaron Kaufer, Prime sponsor of House Bill 531 that would create a community solar program in Pennsylvania
- • State Senator John Yudichak, Democratic Chair of the Senate Environmental Resources and Energy Committee
- • Matt Tripoli, Director of Project Development, Conti Solar
- • Dr. Ken Klemow, Professor and Chair of Biology, Certified Senior Ecologist, Wilkes University
- • Liz Robinson, Executive Director, Philadelphia Solar Energy Association