Finance & Administration Coordinator
The Pennsylvania Environmental Council (PEC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that protects and restores the natural and built environments through innovation, collaboration, education and advocacy. At the heart of our success is our belief in the value of partnerships with the private sector, government, communities and individuals to improve the quality of life for all Pennsylvanians. PEC’s Pittsburgh Office is one of four regional offices across Pennsylvania and actively engages in projects and policy initiatives that promote land and water-based recreational opportunities, protection and conservation of water resources, promotion of forward-thinking energy and climate approaches, and sustainable development of communities and landscapes.
The Finance & Administration Coordinator (Coordinator) is a full-time exempt position and is responsible for processing cash disbursements, recording corporate credit card activity, recording cash receipts, administering employee benefits, administering vendor contracts, maintaining files, and assisting with all other aspects of finance and administration for PEC and it’s supporting organization(s). The Coordinator reports to the Senior VP, Finance & Administration.
- Coordinate the cash disbursement process to ensure timely payments for all vendors of PEC and supporting organization(s) including weekly check runs and ACH Batches.
- Record monthly corporate credit card activity and monitor cardholder compliance with policy.
- Records Pittsburgh office deposits to general ledger in a timely fashion to ensure accurate book balances for cash accounts.
- Maintain contract tracking worksheet, ensure disbursements are supported by a valid contract if applicable, verify that all contractor’s insurance certificates are up to date.
- Maintain the filing of all invoices, cash receipts, and contracts.
- Assist with the administration of employee benefit plans.
- Assist with annual audits and 990 preparation.
- Assist the Senior VP with monthly closing process including labor allocations, indirect cost allocations, and financial reporting.
- Assist the Senior VP with annual budgeting process and quarterly projections.
- Assist Senior VP with troubleshooting IT issues.
- Serve as back-up to Office Manager including answering phones, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and accounting software.
- Communication Skills: Articulate financial information to supervisor, staff, partners, and clients using excellent verbal and writing skills and interpersonal skills.
- An innovative mindset and desire to optimize the position’s value to the organization.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential and personal information.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, or in locations other than Pittsburgh, as reasonable and necessary for performance of Position Activities.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is preferred. Experience with nonprofit finance & administration is preferred, as well as a passion for the environment, sustainable development, and Pennsylvania.
This is a salaried position commensurate with experience and includes an attractive benefits package (medical benefits, vacation, holidays, 403(b), life insurance, et cetera).
PEC’s Pittsburgh Office is located at 810 River Avenue, Suite 201, Pittsburgh, PA 15212. Travel to other locales in the region and state will be required.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Coordinator@pecpa.org by August 15, 2019.