The Western Pennsylvania Environmental Awards recognizes and honors outstanding achievements of organizations, businesses, and individuals in a wide range of environmental initiatives throughout the region and pays tribute to those that have demonstrated a commitment to environmental excellence, leadership, and accomplishment in their respective fields. The ceremony will feature Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Acting Secretary John Quigley as its keynote speaker.
Four environmental conservation and education programs from throughout Western Pennsylvania will share $20,000 from Dominion and PEC for innovation and effectiveness in making a positive impact on the Western Pennsylvania environment.
With these awards, each winner will designate a $5,000 cash prize to be used in support of a nonprofit environmental program of their choice.
The winners are:
- Environmental Charter School – Pittsburgh (Allegheny County)
- McKean County Conservation District – Smethport (McKean County)
- Paint Creek Regional Watershed Association – Windber (Somerset County)
- Sustainable Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh (Allegheny County)
By sponsoring these awards, the Pennsylvania Environmental Council (PEC) and Dominion hope to encourage the community to emulate the achievements of the successful nominees, thereby promoting innovative environmental efforts and enhancing the quality of life in Western Pennsylvania. Register for the 2015 Western Pennsylvania Environmental Awards
All four winners were chosen by a group of independent judges of environmental experts and PEC staff in response to a call for entries earlier this year. With these awards, each winner will designate a $5,000 cash prize to be used in support of a nonprofit environmental program of their choice. Guests interested in staying at the Westin, click here.
The awards dinner will also include a silent auction, featuring exciting items like Steel City Big Pour tickets, tickets to Disney World, an REI camping package, golf packages, and much more.
We would like to thank the Auction Donors for the Western Pennsylvania Environmental Awards
- Babst Calland
- EQT Corporation
- Environmental Planning & Design
- Foundation for Pennsylvania Watersheds
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Katherine Mabis McKenna Foundation
- RT Environmental Services
United States Steel Corporation
- Western Pennsylvania Conservancy
- Audubon Society of Western PA
- Bike Pittsburgh
- Birdsfoot Golf Club
- Boulevard Grill
- Butler County Tourism and Conservation Bureau
- Campbell Pottery
- Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh
- Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
- Conservation Consultants, Inc.
- Construction Junction
- Disney World
- Duck Hollow Golf Club
- Eat’n Park
- Fairmont Pittsburgh
- Fort Ligonier
- Giant Eagle, Inc.
- Green Gables Restaurant
- Harrigan’s Café’ and Wine Deck, Holiday Inn, Johnstown
- Hartwood Beer
- Hilton Harrisburg
- Huddleson Court
- Johnstown Area Heritage Association
- Just Ducky Tours, Inc.
- Laurel Highlands River Tours
- Mad Mex
- Mountain Playhouse
- National Aviary
- Ohiopyle Trading Post & River Tours
- Olde Stonewall Golf Club
- Penn Brewery
- Pittsburgh Glass Center
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
- Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
- Promowest North Shore-Stage AE
- Senator John Heinz History Center
- Springfield Grille
The Crow’s Nest
- Totteridge Golf Club
- Venture Outdoors
- Voodoo Brewery
- Western Pennsylvania Conservancy-Fallingwater
- Westin Hotel
- Wilderness Voyageurs