Interested paddlers are invited to register for the 23rd Annual Delaware River Sojourn taking place June 17-23.
The Delaware River Sojourn combines the experiences of guided paddling excursions with interpretive programs, camping, and camaraderie. Participants may sign up for the entire seven-day trip or for the day(s) of their choice; all skill levels are welcome.
Over 55 miles of the main stem Delaware River will be paddled in 2017, split into daily trips ranging from six to 13 miles. The sojourn will also paddle a section of the Lehigh River, the Delaware’s second largest tributary, on June 21.
In brief, the sojourn will include the following stretches:
- Saturday, June 17: Zane Grey Museum, Lackawaxen, Pa. to Corwin Farm, N.Y.
- Sunday, June 18: Staircase Rapids Access, N.Y. to Matamoras, Pa.
- Monday, June 19: Dingmans Ferry, Pa. to Bushkill, Pa.
- Tuesday, June 20: Bushkill to Worthington State Forest, N.J.
- Wednesday, June 21 (Lehigh River): Rt. 33 Access, Pa. to Hugh Moore Park, Easton, Pa.
- Thursday, June 22: Martins Creek Access, Pa. to Scott Park, Easton, Pa.
- Friday, June 23: Scott Park to Riegelsville, N.J.
Registration fees in 2017 are $80 per day for adults and $50 per day for children (ages 15 and under). There is an additional one-time insurance fee of $5 per person for this American Canoe Association (ACA)-sanctioned event, except for current ACA members.
Registration fees cover the guided river trip, single or tandem kayak rental (with paddle and life jacket), shuttle transportation, educational programs, most meals, a souvenir T-shirt, and optional overnight camping sites. Participants may bring their own river-worthy boat, but please note that neither aluminum nor wooden canoes are recommended.
Registration details, itinerary overview, sojourn partners, and sojourn guidelines are available at www.delawareriversojourn.org. Sojourners can register online using Paypal. Registration-related questions and first-time paddler discount availability inquiries should be directed to Dejay Branch at (646) 205-2724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.