- This event has passed.
Northeast PA Trails Forum: Second Annual Trail Symposium
May 5, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Lackawanna Heritage Valley National and State Heritage Area, the Pennsylvania Environmental Council/Pocono Forest and Waters Conservation Landscape, and the Anthracite Scenic Trails Association will hold a day-long trails symposium at the Lackawanna Heritage Valley offices.
The Symposium, as in past years, will provide Northeastern Pennsylvania trail sponsors and supporters a networking venue where they can share opportunities, challenges, and solutions in an informal setting. The event will have several regional speakers who will present information on the current state of trails in Pennsylvania. A full list of presentations is provided below. Attendees will be given ample opportunities for networking with colleagues.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED but there is no charge for not-for-profit trail organization and government representatives. General admission is $20 per person. Registration will close at 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 30. Register with Stephanie Milewski at [email protected] Send name, organization, trail name, email, and phone number for each attendee.
Sign-in and breakfast will begin at 8 a.m. The program will begin promptly at 8:30 a.m. Lunch will be provided and the day will end with a walk or bike ride on the Lackawanna River Heritage Trail! Bring your walking shoes or bike/bike gear and dress appropriately for the weather.
- Federal, state, and regional Trail Perspective – Representatives of local, state, and federal agencies share trail funding updates and strategies.
- The Economic Impact of Trail Tourism – Amy Camp, Owner of Cycle Forward, will discuss the economic impact of trail tourism along the Great Allegheny Passage, as well as other trails.
- Packaging Your Trail for Visitors – A panel of regional visitor bureaus will offer advice about marketing your trail for overnight and long distance tourists.
- Update from the Delaware Water Gap – Bill Leonard, Deputy Superintendent of DEWA, will update us on several interesting projects related to trails currently underway at the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.
- Bike Scranton – Be there for the unveiling of the Lackawanna Heritage Valley’s new free bike share program!
We hope you can join us on May 5th!
NEPA Trails Forum Planning Committee
Stephanie Milewski, Lackawanna Heritage Valley
Janet Sweeney, Pennsylvania Environmental Council
Richard Cochrane, Anthracite Scenic Trails Association
Friends of the Trails
ESC Design, Inc.
Luzerne County Convention and Visitors Bureau
CECO Associates, Inc.
HAAS Landscape Architects
Pennoni Associates, Inc.
Traffic Planning and Design, Inc.