- This event has passed.
Canal Park Community Illegal Dumpsite Cleanup
May 2, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
In partnership with the Wayne County Historical Society, PEC will conduct a cleanup and beautification project at Canal Park in Wayne County.
The event will focus on cleaning up the park area, removing litter along Rt. 6, removing debris in and around the canal locks, weeding flowerbeds, and spreading tractor material in the parking lot. Volunteers may want to bring their own tools such as a long handled pool skimmer, weed whacker, lobbers, shovels, rakes, and gardening tools.
On the morning of the cleanup, volunteers will gather for registration and instructions. After registration, volunteers will be provided with work gloves, trash bags, and a safety vest. When supplies are distributed and instructions have been provided, volunteers will begin the cleanup.
At 1 p.m., barbecued hot dogs, hamburgers, soda, and chips will be served. You can bring a side dish or dessert to share.
Individuals, scouting groups, 4H groups, environmental clubs, businesses, college and university clubs, and high school students are invited to be part of this effort. (Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or have a parent/guardian sign a registration/insurance form prior to the cleanup and bring it with them. Anyone over 18 can sign the insurance form the day of the event.)
- Pennsylvania Environmental Council 570-718-6507 email [email protected]
- Wayne County Historical Society 570-228-5235 email [email protected]
- From Carbondale take Rt. 6 East to Honesdale then follow the below directions from Honesdale.
- From Honesdale take Rt. 6 East to blinker light at Rt. 6 & Elizabeth Street, White Mills. Continue on Rt. 6 for about 1 ½ miles until you see a large red house on right. Turn into the driveway/parking lot BEFORE the red sign on right “Lock 31, D & H Canal Park”.
- If you come to Watson’s Small Engine Repair on right, you have gone too far.
- Mailing address is 179 Texas-Palmyra Highway, Hawley, PA.