- This event has passed.
Ride For PEC! 2016 Environment Ride
June 3, 2016 - June 5, 2016
Why Participate in the Ride?
The Pennsylvania Environmental Council (PEC) Environment Ride supports PEC’s trail work. As a statewide non-profit, PEC is a leader in land and water trail planning and development across the Commonwealth. Specifically, PEC is a leader in the Circuit Coalition, the East Coast Greenway, the Industrial Heartlands Trail Coalition, the PA Northeast Trails Forum, coordinator of the PA Water Trails Partnership, and the leader of River Town initiatives on several Pennsylvania rivers including the Monongahela and the Schuylkill Rivers.
Environment Ride Overview: On the Ride
On Friday, June 3, three-day riders (registration is now full) will gather in Doylestown for safety orientation and lunch to ride off to Bethlehem through the beautiful (and hilly) northern Bucks County. Our overnight will be at the Hyatt Place in the heart of historic downtown Bethlehem with a delicious dinner within walking distance. After a great night’s rest, the ride along the Lehigh and Delaware Rivers through lovely rolling landscapes to Trenton will kick off at 8:30 a.m. Saturday night we will check into the Wyndham Garden Hotel in the capitol complex close to the Delaware River and enjoy an elegant dinner at the charming Yardley Inn. Sunday, we will ride to Center City Philadelphia, following the path of the Delaware Canal and East Coast Greenway through historic river towns to our closing party overlooking the Schuylkill River at the Fairmount Waterworks. The 40-mile one-day ride on Sunday will take off from Levittown Station and continue 40 miles into Philadelphia. The course is extremely varied, more urban, and relates much more to PEC’s work in facilitating the development of The Circuit Trails and the East Coast Greenway.
- PEC’s Ride is intentionally intimate, and supportive. It is a community of friends passionate about cycling and the outdoors
- The route is carefully planned by volunteer enthusiasts to showcase best scenery on the safest roads and trails
- Weekend training rides begin in late March (weather permitting)
- The 2016 Ride will start in Doylestown to Bethlehem to Trenton to Philadelphia
- The ride is guided using RideWithGPS and MapMyRide and is van-supported by volunteers
- Accommodations are 3-star hotels, two riders/room (single supplement available)
- Catered lunches and restaurant meals (with beverages) all inclusive
- Invite your family and friends to the post-Ride celebration at the Fairmount Waterworks overlooking the scenic Schuylkill River
Riders will meet and ride out from Doylestown, Pa. PEC will reserve a special “bikes only” regional rail car from 30th Street Station departing the morning of Friday, June 3, 2016.
Riders will meet and ride out from Levittown Station. PEC will reserve a special “bikes only” regional rail car from 30th Street Station departing the morning of Sunday, June 5, 2016. Autos may be parked for the day at Levittown Station.
Crew & Volunteers
Volunteers are welcomed in many capacities: to support the riders with logistics, safety, and fun! Crew travel with the Ride enjoying meals and overnight accommodations. Volunteers may also raise money for PEC without riding!
Share the love for Pennsylvania’s environment – form a team! Being part of a team is a great way to build support! Any group of three or more can ride together and share the experience from start to finish! You will have both an individual as well as a shared team fundraising account.
3-Day Rider (Limited to 20 Riders)
- By Dec. 31, 2015 $75
- Jan. 1 to April 1, 2016 – $100
- After April 1, 2016 (Don’t be an April Fool!) – $130
- $1,500 fundraising minimum
1-Day Rider (Limited to 40 Riders)
- By April 1, 2016 – $50
- After April 1 (Don’t be an April Fool!) $65
- $400 fundraising minimum