Ride For PEC!
10th Anniversary 2020 Environment Ride
Why Participate in the Ride?
As a statewide non-profit, PEC is a leader in trail planning and development across the Commonwealth. The Environment Ride supports PEC’s trail work.
Overview: On the Ride
On Friday, October 2, riders will gather in Downingtown for safety orientation to ride off to Lancaster on lesser-traveled roads through scenic Chester and Lancaster counties. Our overnight will be at the Cork Factory Hotel for a memorable stay in downtown Lancaster and a private cocktail and dinner event.
After a great night’s rest, we will ride out at 8:30 a.m. towards Wilmington Delaware, revisiting some of our favorite routes from past years, and exploring some new territory. We’ll arrive at the Hyatt Place Wilmington Riverfront Hotel. There will be time to relax at the hotel with dinner out on the town!
Sunday, we will wake up in Wilmington and ride the scenic Brandywine Valley northward to Valley Forge, then down Schuylkill River Trail to Philadelphia to our Celebration Party sponsored by Yards Brewery.
• The 2020 Ride will start in Downingtown to Lancaster to Wilmington to Philadelphia.
• PEC’s Ride is intentionally intimate; it’s a community of friends passionate about cycling and the outdoors.
• Accommodations are 3-star hotels, meals and beverages are all inclusive.
• The ride is van-supported by a crew of volunteers.
• The route is carefully planned to showcase the best scenery on the safest roads.
• Weekend training rides begin in spring (weather permitting).
Riders may meet either at 30th Street Station in Philadelphia or at SEPTA’s Downingtown Station to ride out from Downingtown, PA. PEC will reserve a special “bikes only” regional rail car from 30th Street Station departing the morning of Friday, October 2, 2020.
Crew & Volunteers
Volunteers are welcomed in many capacities: to support the riders with logistics, safety, and fun! Crew travel with the Ride, enjoying meals and overnight accommodations. Volunteers may also raise money for PEC without riding!
Share the love for Pennsylvania’s environment – form a team! Being part of a team is a great way to build support! Any group of three or more can ride together and share the experience from start to finish! You will have both an individual as well as a shared team fundraising account.
3-Day Rider (Limited to 25 Riders)
• Early-bird registration (April 1 to June 30): $75
• Regular registration (July 1 to September 10): $125
• $1,500 fundraising minimum