Please mark your calendars for our 2019 “Watershed Connections” Conference scheduled for FEBRUARY 24-25, 2019 in State College, PA.
- • National, state and local presenters
- • Sunday evening dinner reception
- • Keynote and special guest speakers on Monday
- • Lots of time to meet with fellow watershed group members
- • Exhibitor tables
- • One-on-one mentorship opportunities
- • 25+ education & training sessions organized in four tracks: Organizational Capacity; Aquatic Monitoring & Data Use; Watershed Resources & Programs; Watershed Policy & Strategies
- • Return of Shark Tank – Funders Edition
Call for Contestants!
Do you have a project proposal you would like to pitch to funders? Would you like to get instant feedback from experienced program officers and grant-making managers?
Now is your chance, as we bring you: Shark Tank — Funder’s Edition at the 2019 PA Statewide Conference for Watershed Organizations. Up to four volunteer contestants will have the opportunity to pitch actual project proposals to our esteemed panel of “sharks.” Your fellow conference members will vote on the best “pitch” and the winner will receive a special prize!
- • Must be an eligible 501(c)3 organization
- • Contestants will have five minutes to present their proposals
- • Contestants will be limited to five slides
Each proposal must address the following criteria:
- What is the project and where is it located (must include a map)
- Why is this project a priority?
- What is the project budget? And what leverage/match do you have?
- Who will benefit from this project?
- What metrics will be used to determine project success?
Interested contestants should send the name of the Presenter, Contact Information, Name of the Organization and Project Title to Tali MacArthur (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday, February 6 for consideration.
Four contestants will be selected to present as part of the evening dinner reception activities on Sunday, February 25. You will be notified no later than Friday, February 8 whether your project has been chosen.
Please note that there is no actual funding on the table; this is intended as an informal event for you to get valuable feedback as you develop your project for future grant opportunities.
Click here to register for the conference.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Wyndham Garden State College at the Mountain View Country Club:
310 Elks Club Road
Boalsburg, PA 16827
Please call 814-466-2255 to get the special conference rate of $109.00 using code CG19PP.
For more information, please contact Susan Myerov – email@example.com or 267-479-6102
Thank you to our current sponsors: