Pocono Forest & Waters Conservation Landscape
2015-16 Mini-Grant Program
- Application Deadline: June 15, 2015
- Grant Awards Announced: July 15, 2015
- Project Completion: Aug. 31, 2016
The Pennsylvania Environmental Council (PEC) has been awarded a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) to administer the 2015 Pocono Forest and Waters Conservation Assistance Grant program. This program will provide mini-grants of $2,000 to $10,000 to projects within Carbon, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, and Wayne Counties that support and advance the goals and objectives of the Pocono Forest and Waters Conservation Landscape.
A total of $60,000 in grant funding is available. All mini-grants require a 50/50 match. PEC and DCNR encourage any municipality, council of governments, registered Pennsylvania non-profits, county conservation districts, or learning institutions to consider projects that may fit the grant criteria.
Download the application and guidelines below for more information
For more information contact:
Janet Sweeney, PFW CL Coordinator
Pennsylvania Environmental Council
175 Main Street, Luzerne, PA 18709
570-718-6507 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Mini-Grant Funds come from the PA DCNR Community Conservation Partnership’s Program. If you are applying for a Pocono Forest and Water Mini-Grant please be aware that no portion of your match can originate from DCNR funding. Mini-Grants must be matched by the applicant with local 50/50 cash and/or eligible non-cash in-kind services.
Pocono Forest and Waters Goals and Objectives
Vision: Protect and sustain the natural resources of the Pocono Forest and Waters Conservation Landscape
GOAL: Conserve Critical Lands and Waters
Goal Statement: Identify important natural landscape areas for acquisition, easements and other land protection measures.
- Identify Priority Parcels
- Conduct Landowner Outreach
- Promote Land Stewardship
GOAL: Engage our Communities through Promoting our Story
Goal Statement: Engage communities to promote, enhance, and conserve local natural, cultural, and outdoor recreational resources.
- Increase Public Awareness of PFW CL
- Support Existing and Create new Programs that Connect Residents to Outdoor Recreational Opportunities
- Coordinate with Existing Economic Development and Eco-Tourism Plans
GOAL: Create Trail Connections
Goal Statement: Identify and create greenway and trail connections to public lands and communities throughout the landscape.
- Promote and Encourage Trails and Trail Development
- Maintain Regular Communication Between and Among Trail Community
- Work with Key Partners (i.e. DCNR, Game Commission) on key access links for trails